The Home narrowly blocked an try and impeach Homeland Safety Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas by a 209-201 vote to refer the article of impeachment to the Homeland Safety Committee.
Eight Republicans joined 201 Democrats to dam this try. The eight Republican representatives had been:
- Cliff Bentz from Oregon
- Ken Buck from Colorado
- Tom McClintock
- John Duarte from California
- Darrell Issa from California
- Patrick McHenry from North Carolina
- Virginia Fox from North Carolina
- Mike Turner from Ohio
Consultant Marjorie Taylor Greene was compelled to vote. Its resolution accused Mayorkas of permitting “invasion” on the border.
“Mayorkas is violating the legislation by not implementing the legislation,” Ms. Inexperienced stated.
A complete model of this text by Stephen Dinan might be discovered right here
• Washington Occasions employees might be reached at 202-636-3000.